Quick Expressive Portraits : Misty Mawn 2020
207 N. Broadway Street, Suite L
Santa Ana, CA 92701
MATERIALS LIST: Each participating artist is asked to bring the following to class:
Watercolor Paints In tubes - I will be demonstrating with QOR watercolors and feel they work best for the techniques. You will only need a few colors - Cadmium Red light or Medium, Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Carbon Black. I will bring all the other colors.
Titanium White Acrylic Paint and/or White Gesso
15 or more Sheets of 9” x 12” and/or 11” x 14” Cotton Watercolor Paper
A variety of watercolor/acrylic paint brushes, from small to medium in size.
A couple reference you would like to use, could be a self portrait or someone you admire.
MISC: (Apron , masking tape, paper towels or rags, containers for water, palettes for paint, glue stick)
OPTIONAL BUT NICE TO HAVE: 16” x 20” Drawing Board to mount your paper to
SCHEDULE for both days:
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with Misty who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like The Gypsy Den.
- Class Segment B: 1:30-4:30 PM :: Class time with Misty who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Clean-Up & Depart: 4:30-5:00 PM
Due to limited class size, the spot for this class is transferable but payment is non-refundable. Please read about this policy in our Studio Policies.
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies