Dina Wakley :: Explosion of Color & Form :: March 9-10, 2019
Join Dina Wakley for a two-day explosion of color and form. On day 1, we'll focus on creating organic patterns on our substrates. We'll use the Dina Wakley pouring medium and cell creator for some, and rubbing alcohol for others. We'll focus on an organic "let's see what happens" process. On day 2, we will turn our organic messes into figurative forms, focusing on lights and darks, multiple layers, gesture, and narrative.
207 N. Broadway Street, Suite L
Santa Ana, CA 92701
MATERIALS LIST: Each participant is asked to bring the following to the workshop:
- Paint brushes
- Your art journal
- Baby wipes/paper towels/art rag (whatever you like to use to clean up)
- White acrylic gesso
- Acrylic paint (I will bring lots of my paints to share, too, so it is ok if you bring no paint at all)
- Three 12" square substrates, like wood panels (my preference), canvases, etc.
- Six large sheets of watercolor paper (around 12"x16" or bigger, if desired)
- Spray bottle with water
- Your favorite pens, pencils, marking tools (such as Stabilo All, Conte pencils, oil pastels, Scribble Sticks, Neocolors, charcoal, water-soluble graphite, paint pens)
- Something to scrape with, such as an old gift/credit card
- Aluminum foil roasting pan (to pour in)
- Small bottle of rubbing alcohol (from the first aid section of the pharmacy)
Instructor will provide:
- Acrylic paint
- Collage tissues
- Masking tape
- Washi tape
- Pouring medium/cell creator/mixing cups
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with Dina who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like The Gypsy Den.
- Class Segment B: 1:30-4:30 PM :: Class time with Dina who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Clean-Up & Depart: 4:30-5:00 PM
Due to limited class size, the spot for this class is transferable but payment is non-refundable. Please read about this policy in our Studio Policies.
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies.