Erika Lee Sears 2019
This is a, dare I say, FUN, non-traditional approach to oil painting. We will be painting directly on paper in a sketchbook and going over warm-ups, exploring color, and finding daily inspiration to fuel your oil painting journey. This workshop is meant to encourage the playful side of oil painting and letting go. Let’s get inspired!
207 N. Broadway Street, Suite L
Santa Ana, CA 92701
MATERIALS LIST: Each participant is asked to bring the following to the workshop:
I encourage you to bring what you have as long as you have the primary colors plus white. Bring Mineral Spirits, glass jar with lid, a water color sketchbook, disposable palette paper towels and brushes. Here is my painting palette and you don’t need every single one of these colors but this is just what I use:
- Titanium White
- Burnt Umber
- Cobalt Blue
- Pthalo Green
- Cad Yellow
- Lemon Yellow
- Cad Red Light
Mineral Spirits: Gamblin’s Gamsol
Sketchbook: Super deluxe Bee Paper Sketchbook or a Moleskin Watercolor Sketchbook.
Brushes: Blick White Scholastic Filbert 2 and 4
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with ERIKA who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like Chapter One, and The Gypsy Den.
- Class Segment B: 1:30-4:30 PM :: Class time with ERIKA who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Clean-Up & Depart: 4:30-5:00 PM
Due to limited class size, the spot for this class is transferable but payment is non-refundable. Please read about this policy in our Studio Policies.
For those traveling from out of town, the studio will have extra gamsol for you to use if you would prefer not to transport gamsol.
See more of Erika's work on her instagram: @erikaleesears