The Gaze (She/Her) :: Abstract Figurative Art
207 N. Broadway St., Santa Ana, CA 92701 (Upstairs in the Santora)
We will spend the first half of the workshop studying proportions of the female figure. We will practice quick drawings based on the proportions formula and also how to manipulate the ink parallel pen with water and a brush to create assorted values
We will spend the last half of the workshop creating sketches of the female figure using photo references. We will also use the charcoal pencil to add touches of flourishes. And optionally, we will use a vintage typewriter to add text to finished works.
MATERIALS LIST: Please bring the following items to the workshop
- Good energy and openness to learning
- Pilot Parallel pen (6.0mm with the blue cap)
- Charcoal pencil (HB or softer
- Water-soluble pencil (Derwent or Stabilo)
- Mixed Media Sketch book (9x12 or smaller)
- Short flat (aka BRIGHTS) brushes (size 4 and maybe 1-2 other sizes)
- Small jar or container for water
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with Jenny who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like The Gypsy Den.
- Class Segment B: 1:00-4:00 PM :: Class time with Jenny who will guide the 2nd part of class.
Due to limited class size, the spot for this class is transferable but payment is non-refundable. Please read about this policy in our Studio Policies.
Please park in the covered structure (Broadway & North side of 3rd) or the uncovered lot (Broadway and South side of 3rd).