Summertime Still Life Session: JULY
207 N. Broadway Street, Suite L
Santa Ana, CA 92701
For me, still life painting has come to be less about the object(s) and more about the space and the awareness created by the object(s). In these small summertime sessions, I will limit class size to small clusters of no more than 3 people where we first learn to compose life that we will all reference for the work. We will reference the life composition to draw, add value, then add color.
In this 1-day workshop, I will demonstrate each phase first, and then guide each participant as they follow suit in making it happen.
There will be three summertime sessions:
Sunday, July 14
Sunday August 11
Sunday, September 8
Sign up for one, two, or all three sessions, depending on the amount of practice you'd like to have this summer.
MATERIALS LIST: Each participant is asked to bring the following to the workshop:
- Your best energy and openness to receive constructive criticism
- Awareness (of self and others)
- That's it! Everything else (substrates, pencils, paints, everything you need will be provided by the studio). You may want to bring a smock or apron to wear if you want to.
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with Jenny who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like The Gypsy Den.
- Class Segment B: 1:30-4:30 PM :: Class time with Jenny who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Clean-Up & Depart: 4:30-5:00 PM
Due to limited class size, the spot for this class is transferable but payment is non-refundable. Please read about this policy in our Studio Policies.